Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hebrews 12v25-29


Take care that you don't refuse the one who is speaking. For if people didn't escape when they rejected the one who gave them earthly warnings, how much more if we turn away from the one who speaks from heaven! At that point, his voice shook the earth; but now he has issued a promise in the following words: 'One more time I will shake not only the earth but heaven as well. The phrase 'one more time' shows that the things that are shaken (that is, the created things) will be taken away, so that the things that cannot be shaken will remain.

Well, then: we are to receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken! This calls for gratitude! That's how to offer God true and acceptable worship, reverently and with fear. Our God, you see, is a devouring fire.


After a lot of contrasts the author now wants to remind us that we are still dealing with the Creator God. While Jesus has established a new way for us to interact with and come to have intimate relationship with this God, even calling Him Father, that this God is not a pushover Dad who is no longer concerned with holiness and the ultimate resurrection of all things.

It is one thing to rebel against external commands given by angels, Moses, prophets and those who warned against idolatry and other dehumanizing activities; it is a whole other ball of wax when God himself is speaking, when his law is written on your heart, when you are part of a body being constantly prepared to be used by Him.
What torment must one endure in such spiritual turmoil. He is not only going to shake the very foundations of the world they know, but the heavens themselves are going to be shaken. God is doing these things in order that anything that is not meant to be in His New Creation, New Heavens and New Earth will be taken away. Temples and their regimes that have become idols and spirits and demons that have used created things and even the things of God as a front to control, manipulate and oppress through physical and spiritual violence.

The kingdom left after this turmoil, after this great act of new creation. This is God saying enough, we are going to get this sorted out both systemically and individually. God the Father is saying in this promise which doubles as a warning to all forms of evil and corruption, you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee! I AM a consuming fire!

This is where God's kids say ...my Dad will kick your dad's a$%^&. This is where we have an astounding promise of the whole cleansed, resurrected and Shekhinah covered new creation from Hebrews 2v5, Isaiah 65, 1 Corinthians 15, Revelation 21/22. Now is the time to worship God for all He is worth!!! Now is the time see our Father for who He is...faithful and true.

They answered him,"Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. You are doing the works your father did." They said to him, "We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers