Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Luke 9v37-43


Yesterday, after I got back from our trip to Orlando, we were all settling in, getting things in order and I just had this sense of "Father, I need some time with you." So, I heard..."Well let's spend some time right now." In a moment of gratitude swelling up into obedience, as rare as they are for me at times, I shut my door and started into a wonderful time of prayer. After about five minutes, the noise level outside my door got quite a few decibels higher, Robin opened the door, suddenly frustrated by something... saw me in prayer and slammed the door. I continued in prayer and Father continued to bless me with words of encouragement and blessing...and correction. When we had finished our time I stepped out of my room and there were immediately issues to deal with.

When we come down from the high place, there are always issues to deal with. God has prepared us for these things. Do not be discouraged if stuff comes against you when you are spending time with God, you are exactly where He wants you to be, fight through it in faith. It's worth it. When you return, hopefully no one has fashioned a golden calf, but there will be things that need handling, whether its a demon that needs casting out or a receipt that got mistakenly tossed out. You may think to yourself, man, can't I just step away for a few minutes. Listen, if it can frustrate Jesus, don't be surprised if you get a little frustrated too. Never the less, do not let your faith escape you, take authority over the situation and with grace and truth, manifest the glory of God, then you as well as others, will see that your time with the Father was indeed time well spent, as He is glorified on earth as in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers