Friday, February 11, 2011

Discipleship: Remembrance


As I was praying over this offering of discipleship time the Spirit brought me back to a time in my early Life. The young man who came over to share dinner with Robin and I and ended up sharing with us the Gospel of God, wow! How life has changed since then. So many battles won, so much born up by Him. I remember after that initial call, he came to our house every Monday night to meet with Robin and I. He opened the Word of God to us and guess where he started...the sermon on the mount! I had honestly not even thought about that until yesterday. I remember him bringing concordances, bible dictionaries (I thought he was crazy at the time with all that studying and taking the words of Jesus so seriously!), but most of all he brought the Holy Spirit...and despite all of mine and Robin's stumbling about (in our lives as well as the study time) and the questions and the confusion...he stuck it out...every Monday he was there for us. I thank my Father in heaven and my Lord Jesus, the King...who deserves such grace? So, as I am engaging in this season of sharing, I just pray God give me the strength, patience and love I saw exhibited and experienced in my first mentor in the faith.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers